Technically, I have been nominated for this award twice now but due to circumstances, I haven’t been able to respond to it yet. But do not fret! For I finally had the courage and the time to actually make this post a thing. To begin with, I want to thank Jennifer from The Kinging Queen and Ashley from Ashley in Wonderland for considering me to be a nominee, you guys are awesome! Please check them out too, they’re worth it.
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Ashley’s Questions for me:
1. Who is your favourite animal (or non-human) character from a book?
This is hella cliché, but definitely Dobby. Maybe it’s because I grew up with the books, or because his death was particularly painful for me but his unwavering loyalty and just, the way he attached to my heart, makes him a special one.
2. Have you ever preferred the movie to the book?
So far, never. I keep on wanting to find a movie that is as good as the book or even surpasses the book but it has yet to happen. Probably because of the limited length of films plus scriptwriter/director choices but I’m really hoping someday someone will pull it off.
3. What book does everyone love but you refuse to read? Why?
I wouldn’t say that these books are loved but everyone, but during the hype of the Twilight series, up until now, I refuse to read it no matter what. I don’t think it would be THAT bad because people loved it, I’m not expecting it to be a prize winner as well but I associated it with a specific person that I dislike so unless that dislike disappears, I will never read it.
4.What hobbies do you enjoy other than reading and blogging?
Well, I crochet and knit and I’m just waiting for my bobbin lace bobbins to arrive in the mail so I can start experimenting with it. I also journal, both regular written and art jouarnaling. I also used to draw and paint but that has taken a backseat for now because I have other priorities like healing my depression.
5. What book has the best food?
Definitely Heidi by Johanna Spyri. Not only do I want to go to the mountains and live there, herding goats, I also want to eat each and every morsel of food described in that book. It just sounded so appetizing!
6. Ever read a book that kept you up at night (for better or for worse)?
The latest one would be the Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy by Sarah J Maas. I literally read it back to back to back in one day and one night and I ended up not sleeping until 4 in the morning even though I had to get up at 7am lol. Bad decision but also the best.
7. What book do you always recommend to people?
I don’t have one specific one because I know different people have different tastes and I personally also have different favorites at any given time. I don’t have a Top whatever books, whatever catches my fancy at present, is the book I recommend.
8. What book has been on your ‘to read’ list for way too long?
I’m not really sure since I don’t keep a running TBR list anywhere. I kind of just get reminded of books as they come up in conversation or if I read it somewhere.
9. Do you watch tv or listen to music while you’re blogging?
I can’t. The only time I can listen or watch anything is when I’m doing art because it uses a different part of my brain it feels like. If I’m writing papers or just doing anything that needs formulation of thoughts into words, it has to be silence. Or else my post will be gibberish.
10. Do you have any blogging pet peeves?
Not that I know of just yet. I haven’t been doing this consistently for a long enough period to have pet peeves I guess haha.
11. Any advice for new bloggers?
Now, I still consider myself as a fairly new blogger but my biggest advice would be to not be conscious about your writing. If you’re doing this as a hobby, you don’t have to sound like you’ve been doing this your whole life. I personally type as I speak it in my head so it sounds natural and it sounds like… me. I feel like that’s the best way to truly showcase your voice in this world full of all kinds of bloggers.
Now, Jennifer’s questions for me!:
- Why did you start blogging?
At the very, very beginning I blogged because I saw a friend do it and treated it like a diary and have her just post life as it’s happening and she garnered some followers out of it. I was 17 and I made the mistake of starting it for the sheer prospect of having lots of followers. That failed obviously. This blog however started about, 3 years later when I realized that I really wanted to do a book blog and that my chances of continuing with it is pretty high. Add a painful break up to the mix and this ‘distraction’ became a hobby for me.
2. What inspires you most in life?
Hearing other people, not just family and friends, tell me that I am doing great and how much potential I have in doing good in life. I mean yes, I still struggle a lot, but mostly with believing myself that I can do it. It can be rooted in a lot of things but I’m working on it and the consistent positive feedback is a way for me to know if I’m doing any progress or not because my sense in that seems to be impaired somehow.
3. What are your favorite blogging tools?
Right now besides WordPress obviously, just Twitter. I would love to add Instagram and Pinterest and Facebook on that list but to be honest I can barely handle just twitter. Maybe in the future.
4. Who is your favorite blogger?
Nobody at the moment haha, maybe I’ll find one, maybe I won’t. We’ll see.
5. What do you do to destress?
I’m still working on that myself and with my therapist to be honest. But what works most times is reading books, crocheting/knitting a row or even just doodling. If all else fails, I binge watch Netflix or Youtube and sleep it off.
6. What is your favorite past time?
Like I said, a mix of different things. All I said above basically.
7. If you could stop something in the blogging community, what would it be?
The toxic comments. This goes to every kind of social media platform. There’s just no positive result in people doing that. They hurt the blogger and they’re just toxic people themselves.
8. What motivates you to write?
Finally convincing myself that I don’t suck and that people actually read what I write. That’s the greatest hurdle that I have personally, and it’s hard to get past that sometimes.
9. What do you intend to achieve with your blog?
Just for it to be an extension of my life through books and my other hobbies. I want my blog to reflect myself as accurately as possible so that anyone who stumble upon it will see it as me. Maybe in the future, I would love to monetize it but it’s not really my main purpose, a little extra money will never hurt though. It’s more of a therapeutic reason for me now.
10. What informed the name of your blog?
Nothing too meaningful, I just looked for a name that mixes books and roses because I love them and Rose is my middle name. It kinda sounded good, it stuck. End of story haha.
11. What is your biggest inspiration from the blogging community?
Seeing smaller, newer bloggers grow with me. It’s inspiring and I learn something new everyday too just by talking to them and reading their blog posts.
Okay, this was really long haha, I answered both tags and now I have to make my own questions. Here they are:
- What’s your method of coming up/writing your blog posts?
- How do you get over a writer’s block?
- What activities would you like to make a hobby out of someday?
- Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
- Biggest junk food addiction?
- Realistically, if you win the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- How do you remember people by the best? Their faces? Scent? Their voices?
- What guarantees a complete 180° when you need to be uplifted from a bad day?
- Do you see yourself blogging for a very long time?
- Name one (or more) food that you absolutely cannot stand.
- How do you stop yourself from having blog envy?
I nominate these bloggers because they deserve all the love that they can get! ❤
- Shane from Thebluegreenreader
- Brittany from Perfectly Tolerable
- Kaila from The Travelling Inkwell
- Hannah from Light Writes
- Books in the Skye
- Haley from Beautifully Books
- Cody from The Bookworm In Me
- Books and Beyond
- Elizabeth from RedGalMusings
- Chloe from Book Dragons
- Alice from Books After Tea
So there’s that! I hope you guys have the time to do this tag but even if you don’t I still look forward to reading some of the answers. Stay awesome you guys, cheers!
Lots of love,